Custom Search

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Reader Questions - Batch 3

" Hallo poh.Guten Tag. ask ko lang sana kong kailangan paba ng embassy and signature or personal apperance ng hubby ko kapag mgpapa translate ng Legal Capacity of marriage?Balak kasi ng bf ko na ipapadala niya tapos ako nlng ang mgdala sa LCM don sa embassy para sa Consular Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage...I need some info..danke "

The German fiancee/fiance should have the documents (from the Filipino fiancee/fiance)Translated to German by a Certified Translator. In my experience, we did the processing of the papers ourselves.

"hello i just want to ask what is affidavit of civil status?because when i got to NSO i ask that and they said that its also CENOMAR..are they the same??and do i still have to get a parental advice even im already 27 years old..kisndy email the answer to

thank you,i really appreciate it."

Affidavit of Civil Status is a document stating that you are single.

CENOMAR means CErtificate of NO MARriage. This is another you have to get from the NSO. - For ages 18-24, appearance of both parents, with valid ID for parental consent or advice.

"hello, ask ko lang kung meron agencies na nagpaprocess ng legal capacity to marriage sa GERMANY?My fiance is german national but he's living in spain.Pinakuha nya ko tourist visa but unfortunately the spanish embassy refused it.Is there somebody who can help us? thanks and best regards, marisce"

Let your fiancé ask the German Office if there is an agency. I believe that is more convenient.

"Hello! I am Cherrel... me and my fiance are planning to get married here in the Philippines on the 2nd week of february.. his whole family is coming... but, we have this dilemma... in his place, before he can get his certificate of legal capacity to marry, i should submit all the required documents (original and translated into German).. i sent all the required documents in Germany last Sept. 9, 2011.. the officer there checked the papers and approved them.. then the officer said that the documents will be sent to the German Embassy here in Manila for verification...

But, yesterday (november 27) my fiance received an email from their local office that the embassy wanted me to submit additional documents of my addresses and sketch from 15 yrs old up to present and also 2 passport size pictures... they also send an authorization letter to authorize them to verify my documents...

Now, my fiance and I are worried if the Embassy in Manila would be able to give him his certificate of legal capacity to marry... or if they can still give it to him before January 28, 2012 which is their arrival here in the Philippines... Is there anyone here who have the same experience? Thanks! CHERREL"

It is normal if you are asked for additional documents. Just submit the required documents as soon as possible to avoid delays. In my experience, I was not asked for additional documents. As I have mentioned many times, it always depends.

Your Ad Here

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Reader Questions - Batch 2

"My german fiance is only 20 years old, does he still need to have a parental consent/advice?"
I would suggest to ask the "Civil Wedding" office both in Germany and in the Philippines. This is to make sure that you have the information needed from both offices.

"Which is better? Civil wedding or go directly to church wedding?"
If I have money, then I would choose the church wedding.

"My german BF will arrive in a week. It is possible to get married here in the Philippines though it is our first meeting?"
Of course it is possible considering you have all the necessary papers. Please this post:

"I am already married to my german husband. Do I still need a basic german language certification though I have a degree here in the Philippines?"
During the time I filed for a spouse visa, I was exempted from this rule. But please ask the German Embassy as rules change from time to time.

"Me and my boyfriend from Stockholm, Sweden want to get married here in the Philippines. What should I do?"
Sorry. I am married to a German national. No idea with the rules in Sweden. You better contact the Swedish office directly or better ask your Swedish boyfriend.

"I am also from cebu and just got married with my German Fiancee in Hongkong. The Marriage Registry in Hongkong did not ask for the legal capacity to contract marriage. Just want to ask that if I apply for a family unification visa, should we need the legal capacity from the aliens office even if we are married in hongkong already?"
Sorry. Your situation is different from my experience. I am married in the Philippines not in HongKong.

"hi im arlyn my fiancee from germany is coming here on january and were planning to get married here in the philippines.and he just plan to stay here for 3 weeks or 4 weeks.because he cant stay longer here becuase of his u think we can marry on 3 weeks or 4 weeks.if our papers is complete...."
If you have the complete papers, why not?

" just being crazy if ill listen to who ever i asked,,,,they have so differnt answer,,,the one that i asked were also married on german...WHICH WAY I COULD FASTER GO GERMany:
1.we marry ist here in philippines ?or
2.we marry in germany for applying fiance or spouse visa.?"
Option 1, based on experience.

"hi im abby from silang cavite..i have a german fiance and we are planning to get married this year here in the philippines..ask ko lang sana kung kailangan pa ba e translate sa english ang papers nya from germany kapag pinasa ko ang papers nya sa church? please help me,i need your advice..thank you! this site is really helpful.."
IMO, you have to translate it to English as that is one of our official language.

Your Ad Here
Custom Search