How can I make or set an appointment at the German Embassy in Manila?
What should I prepare before calling the Call Center of the German Embassy in Manila?
How much does the call cost?
As I have mentioned in my previous post about German Spouse Visa Requirements, PLEASE MAKE SURE that you already have all the requirements at hand/in your possession before you call the German Embassy at Manila to have an interview schedule/appointment. As stated in the official website of the German Embassy in the Philippines, www.manila.diplo.de, “Visa applications can strictly be submitted only after making an appointment”.
There are 2 Ways to make an appointment at the German Embassy in Manila:
1. You can set an appointment through the Call Center of the German Embassy in Manila.
2. You can set an appointment directly and free of charge at the German Embassy itself.
For the arrangement of the appointment the applicant must appear personally at the Embassy with the passport that is to contain the required visa. Note that this is only available on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 2.00 p.m. to 3.00 p.m. Obviously this way of making an appointment is only advantageous for people living in or near Makati City.
3 Useful TIPS when calling the Call Center of the German Embassy:
1. Call early in the morning, if possible at 6:00 AM. If you call during peak hours there is a great possibility that you will be waiting on a long queue of callers.
2. Keep at hand your completed application form as well as your Philippine Passport before dialing.
3. When you talk to the phone operator and ask for example your name, tell him/her complete name and spell your name using Phonetic Alphabets. “I am Juan Dela Cruz – Juliet-Uniform-Alpha-November...”
During the time I called for an appointment (as far as I can remember), the call cost was 37 Pesos + NDD costs PER MINUTE! My phone bill for that month approximately amounted to 1500 Pesos. So make sure not to waste your TIME and MONEY. At the end of your conversation with the phone operator, he/she will give you your German Visa Appointment Date and Time.
For updates, please visit the official website of the German Embassy in the Philippines at www.manila.diplo.de or click here to directly access the information above.
- German Spouse Visa Requirements
- Basic German Language Visa Requirement, Required or Not?
- Interview at the German Embassy in Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Approval of My German Spouse Visa
- My Flight FOR and My Arrival IN Germany
- After Arrival - Registration as a Resident at your local Town Hall/City Hall in Germany
- Tips for contacting the Embassy