This post is a response to an anonymous person who commented that "you could have went to DHL for the red ribbon. it costs so much less. you've been robbed." You can see his/her comment here - DFA Red Ribbon.
First of all, I would like to clarify that the only location where you can get a DFA Red Ribbon is at the Department of Foreign Affairs in Manila. Second, I lived in Cebu City so I have 2 options to process the papers: ask help from a Travel Agency and pay 1900 Pesos (or any agency that helps you process your papers) or process the papers myself.
Considering that I lived in Cebu City, here are my reasons:
- A 2-way plane ticket from Cebu to Manila cost more than 1900 Pesos.
- If I go to Manila, can I really get my Document(s) with the Red Ribbon the same day?
- If not (from #2), I have to book for a room or inn where I could rest and wait for another day(s). Therefore another waste of TIME and MONEY.
- (from #3) Can I really get my papers the next day?
- I don't have any connections at the DFA in Manila, the Travel Agency have.
- If I chose DHL, how can I track my very important Paper(s)? How will I know that it is already in the hands of the DFA? Who can I call for follow-ups? Several long distance phone calls from Cebu to Manila? Again, another waste of TIME and MONEY.
- I don't have to fall in line for hours.
- I don't have to wait to be called.
- If something is wrong with your papers or the DFA needed some additional/supporting papers but you don't have it with you, you forgot to bring it or you need to process this additional paper in your hometown, then it would be a TOTAL WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY.
- The Travel Agency did all the work for me, while I continued working with my business.
- Hassle Free.