What are the questions asked during a visa interview?
What are the common German Visa interview questions?
Are the German Visa interview questions hard?
Will you lose your chance of getting your Visa approved if you fail to answer the questions?
In this post I will give additional information and tips about my Interview at the German Embassy in Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines.
If you already have a scheduled interview date from the German Embassy, the first thing that you should do is book a plane ticket. Make sure of the DATE and TIME. Check it twice, thrice or many times just to make it sure.
The complete address of the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany is:
25/F Tower 2 RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City, Metro Manila
Visa Interview Tips
- Have a good sleep - Before the interview day, it would be best to have a nice rest or you might end up sleeping in the chair in the Embassy.
- Be Punctual - Note that Germans are very known of their punctuality so be on time on your scheduled interview. It would be best if you arrive 30 minutes before your interview. And never underestimate the traffic situation in Manila.
- Prepare the documents - Make sure you have all the necessary documents prepared and inside your bag (or whatever) before you go to sleep.
- Dress neatly - I did not say that you have to wear a formal suit like a job interview.
- Be attentive - The appointment system inside the German Embassy is based on PRIORITY NUMBER. Don't confuse yourself with the Visa Appointment by Phone. Therefore it is still first come first serve basis. When your number is called, make sure that you are there and immediately go to your counter. If it happens that you are not there or you have not heard when your number is called, you just SIMPLY WAIT AGAIN for your number to be called.
- Be patient - As you really have to wait for your number to be called.
- List your questions - Prepare what you would like to ask.
- Ask politely - Speak or talk in a polite manner.
- Speak clearly - You will be talking with an agent using a mic.
The German Visa interview questions are actually PAINFULLY HARD.
- How did you meet your German spouse?
- Where did you meet your German spouse?
- When were you married?
- How many years were you in a relationship prior to wedding?
- When is your planned departure date to Germany?
- Does your German spouse already worked in Germany?
- Where is your German spouse residing?
- What is the name of your German spouse?
As for the question "Will you lose your chance of getting your Visa approved if you fail to answer the questions?", I could not answer this question as I have no idea on how the Embassy will investigate your Visa Papers.
Good Luck on your Interview! ^_^