How long would it take to process all the necessary and important papers to get married in the Philippines?
How long would it take to process papers for a Church Wedding?
How long would it take to process papers for a Civil Wedding?
Marriage in the Philippines takes time. Best case, 30 days would be enough, worst case, 30 days would not be enough. Unfortunately, I could not share any information about Church wedding in the Philippines simply because I don't have any experience. Just Civil Wedding.
All marriage papers that you are going to process takes time and patience. The factors below will give you an idea and approximation on how many days you should consider to get married (Civil Wedding) in the Philippines.
- Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage (“Ehefähigkeitszeugnis")
- Pre Marriage Counselling
- Marriage Notice posted or announced in the church for 10 days
- CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage, issued by the NSO)
- Saturdays and Sundays
- Absences or leaves of the Employees who will process your papers
- Availability of the Judge who will conduct the wedding
The wedding ceremony will be held in a court room and it will only last for about 10 minutes. Processing of the marriage papers will take days but the wedding ceremony will only take 10 minutes. Congratulations on your wedding!
Image Source: www.appleanimation.com